Friday, April 01, 2005

No news is (often) good news.

This is a case where no news is EXCELLENT news.

see? the thing is that most april's fools days somebody i know (and not always the same person) makes a total and complete fool out of me, mostly publicly, and sometimes in a painful, gotta-go-see-about-that-bruise kinda way.

but not today.

it might be premature, but it is as it is so far today.

i would say hallelluiah, but i don't know how to spell it.

IN THE MEANTIME, [comment removed by author]

My name is Miguel and I approve this message.

[link removed by author]

3 comments:

melinama said...

Miguel,

I can't find your email address so I'm replying to your comment on my post (on the Portuguese dialogue) here. I'm not sure you understood that the reason we make fun of this book is that the AUTHOR, who was supposedly writing a book to HELP people speak English, actually did not speak English himself. He published this book full of errors with no sense of embarrassment. He surely caused his readers a lot of aggravation.

melinama said...

By the way, that kid "Gary" who made the movie at SC&A, is now very embarrassed about it and is depressed and has kind of gone into hiding. While we all keep sending his sweetly spontaneous and unguarded moment around and around and around the internet and make fun of him.

Miguel said...

A response to the first comment is in your own blog, Melinama; I apologize for the misunderstanding.

I am removing the link now. My intention is NOT to make fun of him. I figured he'd made it for fun and I found it funny. How could I know when/if his feelings about it changed? Now knowing, I will remove the link.