Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Anything But Temptation!

I worked a long day today. I was there at 7:00 a.m. and left at 9:00 p.m. I am officially tired.

So I got home, looking for dinner, wanting to relax... read a little of the ongoing conversation over at the good doctors' blog (look for Sigmund over on the right).

Imagine my surprise when, just as I am settling in to a good bloggin' session, my sister comes out, money in hand, and sends me to the store!

I am tired, I say. I want ice cream, she replies. But we (yes, we) are going on a diet tomorrow, says I. C'mon, says she. I went. Women always win.

Most of everything I am has been defined by women: Grandma (who hated me), Grandma (who wasn't my grandma, and took me for the child she never could have), Mom, Sis, Ex-wife, OtherSis, Daughter, Niece. Bossy bitches all of them--I wouldn't want it any other way.

So, having had my dinner, I now sit in front of the computer, cup of coffee to my left, bowl of peanut-buttery ice cream to my right, my own blog in front of me.

I can resist anything, except temptation, the man with the green carnation said once.

I need a portrait like Dorian's portrait. Beauty becomes the wicked.

And whoddathunk peanut butter would go so well with ice cream? Ralph's is having a "buy one get one free" on tubs of ice cream tonight.

Yes, tubs...

Yes, yum!

1 comment:

ruisko said...

ahhhh! me haces sufrir, yo q habia olvidado el inglés para dedicar mi espiritu al frances... ahora me gusta leerte! mi memoria trabaja de más! anyway... hi!